Dubbed as the toughest trail ultra in Malaysia. The race brings you to the beautiful trails, beaches, dams and mountains on the Penang island.
One of the most decorated trail race in Malaysia covering the mystique forests and beautiful tea plantations in the holiday town of Cameron Highlands.
Held in one of the wettest area in the country, the race brings you up the Maxwell Hill (a.s.l. 1,250m) in Taiping, twice, through two different brutal trails.
There were a few other races I participated in 2022 which served as preparation for the 100km trail-ultras.
- The Most Beautiful Thing | 50km | 17-18 Sep 2022
- Route 68 Ultra | 100km Road | 21-22 May 2022
- Borneo Ultra-Trail Marathon | 50km | 19-20 Mar 2022
Before this blog and my reach at the 100km trail-ultras, I have completed multiple 50km+ trail distances. There were no races for the most part of 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Everyone had to stay home and stay safe.
- Malaysia Mountain Trail Festival | 55km | 13 Dec 2019
- The Great Malaya Trail | 50km | 19-20 Oct 2019
- The Magnificent Merapoh Trail | 70km | 24-25 Aug 2019
- Cameron Ultra | 55km | 27 Jul 2019
- King of Kg Kemensah | 50km | 30 Jun 2019
- Route 68 Ultra | 50km Road | 21 Apr 2019
- Gopeng Ultra Trail | 50km | 23 Mar 2019
- Janda Baik Ultra | 50km | 21 Oct 2018
- Cameron Ultra | 55km | 28 Jul 2018
- Titi Ultra | 50km Road | 18 Mar 2018
- The Signature Cross Country Ultra | 55km | 2-3 Dec 2017
And of course I did not just start running ultras out of the blue. I had to build up a base and there was a progression from short distances on the road towards marathons. I started making transition to the trails in 2016 participating in a short 16km trail race.
- Twincity Marathon | 42km Road | 19 Jan 2020
- KL Stanchart Marathon | 42km Road | 29 Sep 2019
- Garmin Marathon | 42km Road | 2 Nov 2019
- 2XU Half Marathon | 21km Road | 23 Sep 2018
- Fraser Ultra | 42km Road | 1 Sep 2018
- Hulu Langat Marathon | 42km Road | 8 Jul 2018
- King of Kg Kemensah | 30km Trail | 6 May 2018
- KL Stanchart Marathon | 42km Road | 8 Apr 2018
- Twincity Marathon | 42km Road | 21 Jan 2018
- The Magnificent Merapoh Trail | 35km Trail | 5 Aug 2017
- Denai Alam Night Trail | 22km Trail | 15 Jul 2017
- KL Stanchart Marathon | 42km Road | 21 May 2017
- King of Kg Kemensah | 30km Trail | 7 May 2017
- Bukit Jalil Half Marathon | 21km Road | 12 Mar 2017
- Trail Run Kg Sungai Buaya | 16km Trail | 19 Feb 2017
- Deuter International Trail Run | 14.5km Trail | 8 May 2016
- Hulu Langat Trail Run | 16km Trail | 3 Apr 2016
- River Jungle Marathon | 42km Road | 6 Sep 2015
- Borneo International Marathon | 42km Road | 3 May 2015
- GM Half Marathon | 21km Road | 14 Dec 2014
- Viper Challenge | 21km Obstacles | 1 Nov 2014
- KL Stanchart Marathon | 42km Road | 12 Oct 2014
- HK Stanchart Marathon | 42km Road | 16 Feb 2014
- Penang Bridge Marathon | 42km Road | 17 Nov 2013
- Putrajaya Night Marathon | 42km Road | 19 Oct 2013
- KL Stanchart Marathon | 42km Road | 29 Sep 2013
- River Jungle Marathon | 42km Road | 1 Sep 2013
- NB Setia Alam Half Marathon | 21km Road | 18 Aug 2013
- Island Ocean Marathon | 42km Road | 21 Apr 2013
- Brooks Half Marathon | 21km Road | 3 Mar 2013
- Multi-Purpose Insurans Run | 12km Road | 13 Jan 2013
- Malakoff Run | 12km Road | 16 Dec 2012
- Great Eastern Run | 12km Road | 04 Nov 2012
As you can see, there was no talent at play. Running was not something that I am good at naturally. It has taken me 10 years or so of running/hiking/walking progression to be able to complete a 100km trail-ultra.
Last updated: 27-Oct-2022